This page is also available in
MUIbase offers the following features:
- Shared access to a project from multiple instances of MUIbase running on
the same or different computers.
- Unlimited number of projects, tables, attributes, and records.
- Attributes can be of type string, memo (multi line text),
integer, real, date, time, bool, choice (one item out of many items),
reference (easy way to reference a record of another table),
button (for starting MUIbase programs), and virtual (compute value
on the fly).
- The string type can also manage lists of strings, files, and fonts.
A string can refer to an external image
which is displayed in the graphical user interface.
- Dynamic loading of records. Records which are not needed may be flushed
from memory (e.g. when memory is low).
- Programmability. With the easy and powerful MUIbase programming language
complex tasks can be implemented. The language also includes
a SELECT FROM WHERE query for comfortable and fast data retrieval.
- Ordering of records by any combinations of attributes.
- Flexible and powerful search and filter facility.
- Query editor which allows entering and managing of SELECT FROM WHERE queries.
The queries can be saved and the results can be printed.
- Optional logging of changes (adding, deleting and changing of records)
into a system log table.
- Import and export facility.
- Full documentation including user and programming manual in
HTML and PDF.
- Operating system independence.
MUIbase is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Amiga.
The source code is available as part of a Source Forge project.